Thursday, August 17, 2006

Of parties and fun.

Well, in recent days, I've been partying with a great PLD who joined our linkshell named Fullen (/wave). The rapid amount of jobs he's gotten up in a short 4-month timeframe just makes me go O.o -- But then, I'm the same player who's been on since release date around 3/23/04, and yet just recently passed 100 play days...and that's counting my recent lot of falling asleep with character logged in, as well as overnight bazaaring. Give or take a lot of that happening, I'm probably still around the lower 90's, haha.

The nerfed gardening thing annoyance factor #3 -- Everyone I know runs short on space, or either has a lot of mules, so here's my question: Why give me a plant that dumps like 3 stacks of shell bugs into me, that before this was a main source of my income? That hurts, lol. And the elemental ores, where I used to avg around 4-5 per month & a week, now just gave me 2? Not really worth it, turned a 20k profit on 5 weeks of work. Pathetic, I need a new way to make money...again. Maybe time to dust off the 25 THF and run it up around 60 or so.

Onwards and upwards to ramblings of another kind. Had an interseting little talk with someone (75 MNK 75 PLD...more) who I've known since I started FFXI. His playtime has since eclipsed the 350 day plateau O.O and he was wondering why I don't just take one job all the way up and then just merit, which would help all my other classes when I do them. I don't really know, save for that I enjoy all the classes, and like them as they are, I suppose if I went 75 RDM I could be more useful to my LS and friends, and that was the sole reason that I wanted to go all the way with a job...That and everyone knows I'm a RDM at heart anyway, loved them since the original FF, played through that whole game with 4 RDM's once for the love of it :)

Maat has told me about my testimony and all, gonna hit 69 and then have to farm a LOT for HQ staves, unless I can be so lucky to borrow some and then farm for my vile elixir ingredients or save up for them. Under 200k now. Ouch. I need to go hit up the Yagudo @ Oztroja with Munami next time she goes. Gosh, this thing's getting long, I'll hush now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Alcindor said...

Well, personally, I think HQ items are over-rated... Unless, the HQ version has something more to give you than just additional DF; then it maybe worth the gil and of course, it depends on how much the HQ version is going to cost you...

August 18, 2006 at 4:11:00 AM EST  
Blogger Alcindor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 18, 2006 at 4:19:00 AM EST  
Blogger Alcindor said...

Oh yeah, one more thing... RDM FTW!!! I think rdm is the best mage out of all the mages... However, it's weird that my whm (56)is higher than my rdm (45). Well it's mainly because my whm job has a static and my rdm job doesn't :(

August 18, 2006 at 4:21:00 AM EST  
Blogger Darrett said...

OMG, Guankim posted a post. Scary. HQ staves are worth if you can afford it. Gives 15% rather than 10% to your spells. That's why most BLMs save up for their set. For WHM Apollo's gives youf 15% more to your cures (rather than 10%) so get more bang for your MP.

Meh, RDM are overrated in my opnion...lol. They can solo a lot, but I hate it when people say, OMG I'm a RDM I'm GOD of FFXI. I remember that each time they wipe and go...can I have an RIII? *evil grin*

August 20, 2006 at 12:14:00 PM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

Wait...your RDM is 45, Alci? Verrick's RDM, my BRD, Ken's MNK - all 46, we could do the two RDM thing, and have one main healing, one main debuffing, or switchoff xD

That's what most of my PT's were setup as RDM from 46-60 :)

August 24, 2006 at 5:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

Meh, everyone knows any RDM solo'ing at 75 should have one of those RR3 gorgets :P Then yes, they are essentially demigods of FFXI ^_~ LOL

No one class is perfect, but darn if a THF/NIN merited out can't be just the dodgiest thing! (<3 ya Lienn, lol)

August 24, 2006 at 6:05:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home