Sunday, August 27, 2006

Staging Points.

Well, we did a little run through the other night to Dvucca Isle Staging Point. That was annoying, but with Escape, I managed to escape unscathed. Sadly, it casted to slow to save all the rest of the PT. T.T Got out with the WHM and the DRG bit it. Got them raised, and we dashed on towards our goal. At the boats, danger! Soulflayers are True-Sight, when I saw it start casting burst as we all dashed past, it was like... 'Oh, Hades.' (In more colorful language of course) -- So DRG bites the dust again, and we tractor -- Raise 3, heal up, and make the final dash. Dvucca, I own you now....just getting past that Soulflayer could be a {Bio}{Tachi} trying to make the run up to Ilrusi Staging Point. Blah. But that's somewhere next on the list, the only staging point left, and then I need to start doing some Assaults.

Verrick decided to point out to me the other day that his favorite kitty, Chafarrra is now a level 48 BLU. Instead of the hint that we needed to level our RDM & BRD again, the frustrating reply I send >>Verrick: Sweet, she's still in party range! Or something to that effect. Catching everyone's schedules together is annoying, good thing that's a sometime static xD But yes, it seems Verrick is actively wanting to play RDM. He too has been seduced by the power and wrath that can be evoked by the mere mention of the legends! Muahahahaha!

RDM is 69, testimony achieved...as well as a BLM test and WAR test. O.o We went to Beadeaux, and lo and behold, the first ruby Quadav we fought dropped a RDM test and a ruby! Then, we decided to fight the Ancient, which dropped the WAR test, then a Sapphire Quad that dropped the BLM. The Darksteel Quad didn't drop a PLD test, so we were content with 3/4 ^^ Stuffing those in storage for when our WAR static gets to that point, and the BLM goes up about 22 more levels. Stayed there a while helping another RDM get his test, while skilling up elemental magic with the nuke & sleep tactics. Sleep -- nuke nuke -- Sleep -- Aspir -- nuke nuke -- Sleep And so the process went until it dropped dead.

Die in Mass. Hmmmm. Verrick keeps telling me the joys of this. I will have to do it one day, but not really sure of the strategies and such, will have to do much reading and all, and generally follow around the crowd while there, lol.
I actually have a few pics this time, even though I can't do the nice edit and shrink thing, so you get the full SE trademark and everything on them. Anyway, without further ado, one of Tess & i while leveling our RDM & COR together out by Colibri-ville. xD

Guan & Tess

And here's Verrick and I out in Western Altepa, during that party with Kenshin and Iamweasel, where Ryos pulled out his old WAR to help us with tank duty. That's the BST that you read about on his blog. (Admit it, you know you read his already) ^^
Guan & Verrick

4 Comments:

Blogger Darrett said...

Not really seduced into playing RDM. I just sometimes get tired of hearing all the RDM in the LS claim how powerful they are and how great they are. Yet still want me to tag along "just in case". And when I've tagged along, they're the ones that "solo'd" the mob. Sometimes I don't want to be the "tag along" and "raise whore". It'd be nice one day to solo some mobs on my own. Which is why stupid NIN is being leveled ... hehehe.

Dynamis is interesting. Healing an alliance with all that lag and craziness probably helps to make me a better WHM. As a RDM I think you'll be a refresh whore/nuker/sleeper in most cases (as far as I can tell).

August 28, 2006 at 11:34:00 AM EST  
Blogger Darrett said...

Oh, and one more thing. It's rare to hear from parties, nice job there WHM or nice job there BRD. So at the end of my parties I try to thank the WHMs and BRDs nowadays ^^

I was in a manaburn party the other day with a RDM, 4 BLM, and me in KRT. My Banish III were putting up like 460 dmg while the BLM were doing 1K easily. I felt like such a leech ^^. So now I want to level RDM and BLM to some fair degree. Plus I can avoid the melee jobs even longer.

August 28, 2006 at 11:37:00 AM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

Hey! I usually thank my Bards! (And haven't had too many WHM's to thank outside of Val recently, though. /cry But I did get the joy to start the cheering of the bard and white mage the other night, dangit.)

August 28, 2006 at 4:35:00 PM EST  
Blogger Alcindor said...

Yah I like having brds and cors in the party... But I don't want to be a brd, maybe a cor but not a brd --> worse job than whm. :P
And I hate being whm. But that's my highest job :/

September 3, 2006 at 7:47:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home