Monday, July 16, 2007

I got the Magic Stick!

And geez, that's an old reference to a funny song. But it suits my BLU well, just Bludgeoning things to oblivion. I went out partying with Eckardt and Verrick, planning to either find a party, or just trio RNG/NIN/BLU. So we rode out to Yhoator Jungle, and took on some mandragoras. We were probably SLIGHTLY underlevel with some 26's in the party, but I was being lazy and would rather just struggle a bit and then make it rather than have to move shortly after. And besides, it lets me get all spammy on my BLU spells to try to kill quicker, which in the beginning was slow going unless I had a good chunk of MP. Made me very wishful that I wasn't helping main heal with a BLM, but our SMN didn't want to main heal, just backup only. The BLM kinda took main healing so I could BLU spam into the Mandies, and I'd take over a bit to let him unleash a powerful spell too...it was crazy at first, but then it picked up up once we were all 27-28, got up to chain 4s I think...so I was content. Sadly at the end, I did my (now famous) move, and fell asleep. ((Long days just kick my arse, although at least this one wasn't after a double shift!))

Next night, I went hunting BLU spells as BLU/NIN. Perhaps BLU/WHM might've gone better, though. First Gigas I fought in Qufim seeking Grand Slam went down no problem. The second one...Well, it wasn't a monk mob, but damn if it didn't hit like one!!! Its Double Attack triggered five times in a row, and with only Ichi, I couldn't keep up. Tried to stun via Head Butt, but it missed both times, and interrupts baned, and alas, defeat ensued. A passing BLM/WHM dropped me a raise, and as I was healing up, Eck stopped by, and then, it was time for vengeance! Haha!

Fought another Gigas with Eck there to help out, and learned Grand Slam on the first try....too bad I didn't learn it on the FIRST first try, heh. But Eck mentions there are a couple others in the area we could get, so sure! Time to grab a couple others it was: Leapt into Lower Delkfutt's Tower and fought some bat triplets, from which I gleaned the knowledge of Jet Stream from the third bat also! Then it was time for some Dancing Weapons outside again along the bone ramp. They took a while more...I was feeling kinda like a slow stupid mage at that point, but finally deciphered the pattern to cast their Smite of Rage. Eck stayed a bit and helped me ding 30 since I was around 800 from it after the death, which let me equip the joy of Wild Carrot! So now the /WHM isn't as imperative, at least, and I can shadow and heal solo. I could really get addicted to this job, it's just insanely fun!

Also, Wights are squishy to Bludgeon, so if I need to catch up, that's my targets!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Alcindor said...

Congrats on your blu spells and lvls... sigh, I wish I had as an easy time as you did when you were getting your blu spells... some of my spells took a long time... and I am still working on some... but my blu is not as high as your blu =P

July 16, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM EST  
Blogger Darrett said...

Eckardt is learning the joys of solo tanking on NIN. And death. And the carnage that a RNG can do spamming bolts/arrows ^^ He got to 33, I got to 34, closing in on that elusive 37!

Let me know when you need to go a huntin' some more.

July 16, 2007 at 5:15:00 PM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

Oh, wow, so I have catching up to do on the BLU, eh? Wights, here I come!!! And...death? We didn't have but a couple of those from 10-30, how have deaths happened suddenly, LOL!

July 16, 2007 at 11:32:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg NIN is so fun--but I can see how it can get expensive. I went through like 4 toolbags of shihei. And yes there were deaths for me (2 of them) since damn shadows got wiped so fast from double attacks. Doc couldn't keep up with the curing, granted each hit took off around 100 up-- so a few double attack spans=dead Nin.

I just think the job is pretty fun and wouldn't mind taking it to 75 one day. I really need to see how it is when there's another voker or tank... I mean at this rate I think I'm getting experience in how to play paladin. :)

July 17, 2007 at 12:25:00 AM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

Heh, well, my WAR, PLD, and NIN are all 37, where I left them, haha. I can pick up one of them and dual-tank with you if you'd like, though at 37, solo tanking gets vastly easier with Utsu: Ni. You won't need the help at that point, hehe :)

July 17, 2007 at 2:03:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home