Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sword and Dagger

Vacations are wonderful things, they allow you to take a breather from the hectic life Vana'diel throws upon you, and enjoy the beaches and mountains without the pressure to defeat any monsters along the paths. That being said, mine was wonderful, but now it's time for duty to return and for my own desires to take a backseat...well, at least partially, I admit I was actually looking forward to returning for more than one reason!

I didn't do much on getting back, just went out with GYS to do ... something? and then I split off to go skill with Verrick for a bit in The Boyhada Tree. Went RDM/NIN with his BRD/NIN and it was fun fighting the Steelshells there. Sword ended up at 239.3, and Dagger at 228.7. So, when he got sleepy, I decided to log there and use the next night for soloing towards finishing up my skilling goals for a while, and sure enough, surpassed the levels needed for Savage Blade and Evisceration.

Last night, I went to PL a friend in the dunes, and figured we'd go near where the Valkurm Emperor pops so I could finish out my 100 kills without getting the hairpin. >.> Eckardt came out after a bit (I think they did Assault first?), and after I was 0/1 invited me to a party and was like "Guess what I got?" and as I ran over, the emperor died again, and Ta-Da!!! Another insect wing. -.- That went very much like the other 1-98, keke. So we're still out camping and PL'ing, and Doc sends me a tell to see how long I'll be on, and I told him I'm gonna kill the 100th VE and then log for the night. So Veme kills the crab, and as I loop, I see VE in the NW corner, and Dia claim as there were a couple others hunting. Gravity on it, and I bring it back, where Eck and I proceed to poke it to death, and true to comic form... 1% = Empress Hairpin (1/100, FINALLY! hehe) And again a big thanks to Eck for being the photographer of history! Hehe.

First there is the capture of the 100th bug, and then, the irony of the item FINALLY dropping. It was a long affair, thanks for at least leaving me in your will, Empress :P

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

Welcome home.

April 21, 2007 at 4:59:00 AM EST  
Blogger Alcindor said...

WELCOME BACK! At least you got to see the VE. I haven't seen it at all... That's why I just bought the hairpin...

April 21, 2007 at 6:42:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Vana'diel! :)

"1% = Empress Hairpin", does that mean you are 1/100 on the Empress Hairpin? If yes, then congratulations!

April 21, 2007 at 5:18:00 PM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

@Ali: Danke ^^

@Alci: ty ^^ And that's because you're rich like that, darn egg-seller!

@Val: Aye, it finally dropped. Eck swiped a s/s of it, so I'll swipe & post when he does, hehe :)

April 21, 2007 at 7:58:00 PM EST  
Blogger Alcindor said...

oh you got one... congrats... i was a tad confused... wasn't sure if you got one or not =P

April 22, 2007 at 3:04:00 AM EST  
Blogger Bellemithra said...

omgosh! You got it!!! Congrats!!!!!

April 23, 2007 at 11:38:00 AM EST  
Blogger Paul Bauman said...

LMAO.

Congrats on the pin! 1/100 = classic.

April 23, 2007 at 3:28:00 PM EST  
Blogger Darrett said...

Congratulation on the Hairpin. Now I really feel guilty camping it for 45 minutes (Between Duke Widow pops) and getting it on the first try ; ;

April 23, 2007 at 8:02:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Hairpin... lol. I hope I have better luck than you when I decide to get mine :)

April 26, 2007 at 6:20:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home