Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lists of things and leaving stuff out

Sections:
1) Hunting fails. 2) CoP slows. 3) THF flees. 4) Pointy Hat! 5) Other

1) I have a love/hate relationships with NMs. Some, like Mysticmaker or Morion, love me, and drop items well. The counter to this has recently been my bane, the Valkurm Emperor. You see, VE and I go waaaaaaay back to when I was leveling Ninja in Yuhtunga Jungle...and before the item drop was even the femme fatale version. He drops a hairpin. Sounds simple enough, right? And yet last night I have reached an astounding rate of 0/97 in achieving said hairpin. I decided if I went under 1% accuracy (aka, 0/100) that I was going to hang it up for that drop, and likely just level without it, until perhaps I can do the BCNM "Dropping Like Flies."

2) Haven't done much with CoP -- Not sure if it's from the lack of the static members, or from the difficulties some have had going through the Snoll. At this point, I don't know if our whole static is up to the Airship, or if we have to get some people through the Snoll Tzar still...so we'll see what's going on with that this week...

3) THF static went wonderfully well the other night: Lanoire (NIN), Alcindor (SAM), Zaria (DRG), Valynne (WHM), myself (THF) of the usual crew. (Sumiko had other static and thus wasn't in attendance) We brought Eckardt's WHM on as a 6th member, and headed out to the Crawler's Nest, where with two excellent WHMs (Go go Val & Eck), we were never in any danger of death, despite the horrible puller (me) who managed to get a few links through the night, including a set of crawlers before we had gotten Sleep available from the BLM subs. >.>;; But we handled everything smoothly, so I was quite joyful with how it turned out. Now maybe Noire and Alci will like dual WHMs next time! ^_~ Luv ya! Haha!

4) Much thanks go to Lorddocster and the Lords of Hyrda HNM crew - Fade, Legos, Fullen: Team Taliban ftw! and so many others I can't name them all, haha! We did quite a few runs of Hakutaku, and i now have some decent skillup gear when coupled with the Assault body piece I posted about a bit back!

5) I've recently been duoing my BLU with Eckardt's NIN, figuring I'll go up to about 27 and switch to take DRK on up to 37...however, having a 37 BLU sub might just be more useful for RDM than the Chainspell Stun...to have Chainspell Head Butt/Bludgeon. I'm not sure about that at the moment, it will take a bit more thinking on the matter before I decide if the setup is worth it, but going O Hat and high accuracy, it seems at the moment quite a viable option for Stun-nage as well.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Alcindor said...

Sorry about your luck on the hairpin.. i gave up on that a long time ago and decided just to buy it, since it was 1mil at that time... and as for your two whms idea in a party... notice that you are not invited to the static in april.. HA!!! just kidding... yah it went pretty well considering we were lacking in the nuking department... sorry about the static in april, i hope you don't mind playing the catch up game... i only had tues/thurs available in april... hopefully, it will be better in may... as i mentioned, if you all want, feel free to set up days to static without me... i can play the catch up game too...

March 22, 2007 at 4:59:00 AM EST  
Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

VE 4/9 :D

Too bad you dont have me around. I'm good luck.

March 22, 2007 at 11:03:00 AM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

@Alci - So good plan, I'll just use your hairpin next time! Bwa ha ha ha! And well, the CoP static churned through Airship and CSes last night, hopefully doing Tenzen tomorrow, so we may very well be done with it sooner than the static ^^
Now...long as I'm back from vacationing by that point! What? We're very busy mages, we need a break sometimes too; can't all just sit down during battles sometimes like you WHMs!

@Ali - Sooooo....make yourself a little avatar in my realm, Garuda, and pop on to say hi sometime, luv! ^_~

March 22, 2007 at 3:26:00 PM EST  
Blogger Faulsey said...

Zomgz!

It's a comment :o

I haven't been keeping up to date with FFXI blogs recently.

Ick.

Anyway, the emperor is evil, but at least he never made me 0/97 :| Hope you get your much deserved pin before, or at, 100!

BLU is a load of fun, though I've only taken it to level 20 so far. Considering leveling it when Kazura gets her subs leveled, but probs will go for SAM.

Shame your CoP is slowing, CoP is just awesome... I'm going to finish it someday!

March 23, 2007 at 6:03:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valkurm Emperor is truly stingy. I don't think I've ever seen this NM, since I get bored camping. I hope you have better luck next claim!

Our static party in Crawler's Next was fun! :)

March 24, 2007 at 2:24:00 AM EST  
Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

I think I will. See ya later today.

March 27, 2007 at 8:39:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home