Saturday, September 01, 2007

Southern Winds (Ch. 6)

Soundtrack – Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away

I teleported out to the heated sands of Altepa, a deserted wasteland that was a far cry from the lush wilderness and harmony that once prospered there. It was now full of dunes and the underground communities of the Antica. I tried speaking with some of the nomad tribes about the Sutekh warriors, but they were all extremely tight-lipped and wouldn't even mention a general direction. They looked panicked as if an arrow might fly out of nowhere to silence them were they to even attempt to speak to me.

It wasn’t long before I’d exhausted my options seeking information from them so I rode out from Rabao, and headed to see one of the Terrestrial Avatars, Lord Titan, guardian of the earth element. Now, one thing you will learn about Titan is that he doesn’t like to wear clothes much…and walks around in an insipid thong that really inspires me to cast a Blind spell upon myself!

As I approached the large crystal where the avatar slumbered, I couldn’t help but notice the shadows that seemed to slip along the walls, and the shiver that ran up my spine. Something was near. Something POWERFUL. As I murmured to refresh my armor, the creatures emerged around me, powerful figures that appeared to be a fusion of Hume and Scorpion! One in particular stood out, wielding a pair of gleaming scimitars, one with emerald inlay, and one with black pearl. Instinctively, I knew this had to be one of the Sutekh warriors, who'd probably found out from the nomads that I was looking for them. Joy. Always good to be on your own turf, right?

His aura was cloaked in a dark shield, and it was then I realized that the only way out was through all of them. The odds of one on 5 didn't exactly look promising once I felt the power emanating from the black pearl in the hilt sear into my aura, melting away my stoneskin; the armor of the winds abandoned me as well, but I realized it just in time for me to spin and parry the blow from the other blade with my own. Not too bad, I thought to myself, as the other creatures closed in as well...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

you can totally take them. Ok, so three chapters at once. Does that mean I have to wait extra long to find out what's gonna happen next?

September 2, 2007 at 9:30:00 AM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

Probably so knowing me xD But then, I get to start drafting people in the next few chapters, more fun!

September 3, 2007 at 4:03:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home