Friday, November 17, 2006

This one was for Fiery...

I placed the testimony from the stupid turtle upon the Burning Circle in Palborough Mines, and it granted me passage to a long corridor leading into some sort of Rock Dome where I saw the old man again. I knew of his vehement battles against Red Mages in the past, having experienced one run of just pure bad luck, where not a Sleep II would stick, but this time, the possibility of that happening didn't cross my mind. This was vengeance...dedicated to someone. Failure just wasn't an option. As I arrived, I sprinted forwards towards the hermit, shouldering Pluto's Staff, and as soon as I got within range, unleashed a sleep spell, which took a shadow. Quickly using Dispel to get rid of that pesky condition, the follow-up Sleep II landed without problem. Drinking a Yagudo Drink, the Red Mage's instincts kicked in, and quickly Protect and Shell 4 were cast, followed by Stoneskin, Blink, and finally Phalanx.

It was offense time! After binding the old bugger and switching over to the Moldavite Earring, Elemental Torque, and Auster's Staff, I backed up and unleashed the mightiest spell in my repetoire: Aero III, which landed for a decent 407. Quickly followed up with a Sleep II to send him back to dreamland, and recast Blink as his Fire II and punches managed to eat my shadows. Lather (Aero III), Rinse (Sleep II), Repeat (Healing/Yag Drink/Hi-Ether)...Made me wonder what was so hard about it after it was over. I just had to have motivation, apparantly. First time I fought him I was rather "Meh" about the whole thing, and didn't fight to full potential, I feel. Not landing a sleep will make one think that...But this time I made a promise to win for someone, as I hadn't before...and that drove me onward. So Fiery....the old man's down.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Alcindor said...

I am not looking forward to fighting MAAT... I will prolly lose since I am such a NOOB!

November 23, 2006 at 5:31:00 AM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

WHM just needs to survive... Bat Earrings will help immensely!

November 24, 2006 at 8:37:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on beating Maat Guankim. Now about my RDM...lol.

November 28, 2006 at 4:14:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! This evil old man gave me hell. I was determined to win by my skills as a thief and steal that scroll from him. It took me twelve tries by gosh darn if I didn't finnially win on my own terms.

November 29, 2006 at 8:40:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home