Monday, January 01, 2007

A return to the airy landscape.

Hmmm, so it seems I haven't done much recently in the way of keeping you informed. Well, that is about to change with this post, as much has transpired since the time I was summoned across the galaxy to assist a 'young' Elvaan woman who had invoked me across the realms. I can only hope that her heart is sorting out the feelings that she was going through and realized that she deserved better than to be led on deceitfully. At least be honest about your intentions, as I will stand by: If you can't be upfront about what you're doing, then you probably have no business doing it. If you're content enough with yourself and secure in your deeds, then as long as you harm none, do what you will. Well, that last part wasn't actually very original, but it fit perfectly to my point.

As many of you know, I was at the point where I needed the scroll for Utsusemi: Ni to take my soloing skills to the supreme level that is envied by nearly every other job around Vana'diel.
Issue #1 with this: Ni sells for around 600k at the Auction House. Ouch, that's a big HELL no.
Issue #2 with this: Ni has a piss-poor drop rate in the BCNMs

After very little deliberation, since multiple people needed either Utsusemi: Ni or gil in general, Master Kenshinshiro came as Samurai, and Vaulaut came as Dragoon (with George, of course.) I joined as Red Mage, and we setup inside Waughroon Shrine in preparation for the Royal Jelly Notorious Monster Battles. As the lone mage, I had a fun time, snacking on a delicious Melon Pie before battle and maxing MP. Upon entering, we buffed pre-battle, and I used a Yagudo drink for refresh, as the blamed area we were in restricted our abilities so that Refresh was just out of my reach! Using the Seal of the Elements, I bound the first of the jellies on my left, and the others dashed right, unleashing an onslaught into the jellies as they began an advance into the circle, where I decided best to make my stand. It was mostly exchanging Dia II on the jellies nearest the others, and as soon as Bind or Gravity was available to alternate them on the jellies on the other side, clockwise, and throwing Cures as needed before reinforcing Stoneskin and converting near the final charge to the last two.

Lord Kenshin was impeccable as always, his blade seeking out the souls of the enemies as his TP shot through the roof, erupting into explosive assaults that detonated the very essences of the piles of preserves that littered the ground. Dragon Knight Vaulaut and George were quite the tag team as well; his skillful spearwork combined with the various degrees of wyvern's breath to unleash incomparable destruction unto the quite...[i]jiggly[/i] targets, bursting through their gooey shells and deflating them onto the cavern floor. We did the run 6 times, setting the current record time for the quest at just over 4 minutes, causing me to ponder what the overall best time had ever been. (SE should store that on the official site somewhere xD)

I ended up with some great drops, getting very lucky and picking up Utsusemi: Ni, Erase, and a Gold Beastcoin for the efforts, making it quite worthwhile and very fun as well! I think I'll aim for a PCC and Empress Hairpin next for good measure, or either Leaping Boots, since Lizzy and VE obviously harbor ill will towards me with the 0% drop rate despite the multitude of times defeating them.

I managed to help Titi with the Beadeaux part of her LB3, but I was very tired, and I bowed out before making the journey to Oztroja or Davoi, those long trips would've done me in for sure, and either at the top of Oztroja or the depths of Davoi, the beasts aren't particularly cheerful. While we were down in Beadeaux, I helped her kill Ruby Quadav, who obliged us by dropping a Red Mage Testimony for her upcoming duel with the old man in the Garden. That will be a fun one, I'm sure, haha!!! Until next time...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

That scroll is getting higher and higher on my must do list. It would be so nice for when I go bounding off by myself.

I like this post. Mostly cause I'm mentioned. Yay! I'm easy to please.

Don't worry, I'm sure Alison will figure out her love life troubles. She's a young one. Much to learn still.

January 2, 2007 at 12:31:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... Uhm... well when you're ready for the PCC one, you know who you can call. If you don't get it on yours and i get it on mine you can have it, provided if you ever do it again... you know the rest :D Granted I do need the money, but if you can use it, that's the main thing :D

I been having crappy luck with RDM lately, but I'll save that for my blog post in a day or so :D

January 3, 2007 at 6:35:00 AM EST  
Blogger Alcindor said...

Congrats on the NI... I bought mines... I think it's at 700k atm... and if you ever do that one again or any BCNM... Can I come :P

January 5, 2007 at 7:28:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im on here, happy day ^^
this is vaul btw, i havent registered yet... will get around to it soon

January 17, 2007 at 10:28:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home