Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I needed a break...

...and there's nothing like getting those lower-level jobs out and going for a romp in the Valkurm Dunes of my own galaxy to get that out of my system. I partied with an old friend, Hutman, getting him to drag out his neglected Bardic skills and we ventured into the dunes with 2 new players in the family LS, HeavenEarthWarriors, and picked up two other learning players. Having 4 out of 6 learning and not having a death in Valkurm would've been amazing enough, but it didn't happen that way...what, you thought I was a healing god? Sorry, I can't do that much about healing as RNG/WAR. ^^; Also, without having the aid of a white mage was an interesting experience, so when pulling, I leaned towards just making high chains with Toughs as we went. We had a setup of a 12WAR, 12BRD/WHM, 11RDM, 11RDM/WAR, 11BLM, and I filled out the roster as 12RNG/WAR. I should start taking a journal for names in my groups, as I really have a horrible memory, unless a person makes a heck of an impression.

As one who's considered a "veteran," I thought it might be amusing to remember some things in the future, so I took out my little journal and made notes:

1) I've also learned it's good to bring food for the entire party when venturing out to the "School of Hard Knocks" outside of Selbina. It's true: Kids are broke, and don't get allowance.
2) I've learned that Evasion is my friend. Rangers geared with +Evasion can tank! Hahaha! OK, not really >.> Ouch....Voke now prs.
3) I've learned that steady XP without death is far superior to great XP with high chances of death...oh, wait...i already knew that!!!

Anyway, it was a blast, and I advanced my ranger skills to level 16, evening them up with that of monk and summoner now. Brings my potential level capacity to a grand total of ... *drum roll* 534. Getting there, I want the mystical 777, then I can be content never bothering with numbers again.

((For those wondering, that's the addition of all the levels on all your jobs total ^^))

I think I'll bug Eckardt, Fullen, Gravv, and Kala (Read: con them) to help me get a Caederva Mire map soon, walking around that place without one is just annoying! For now, though, it was a welcome change to finish up having paid my dues at the Valkurm School of Hard Knocks...And I'll be damned if I'm going through puppet training there. ^^;

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, you don't have to con me into doing it... Though, I need one myself so are we willing to do it multiple times or can it be done all at once?

You know where to find me, just give a shout and we can go provided neither or us is in a PT at the time :D Also I have jobs from 10 going up, so if you need something to fill a gap, check my webpage... it's updated now LOL

January 9, 2007 at 9:51:00 PM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

I *think* it would only have to be done once for the whole party, will check real quick before leaving work tonight.

Nice, all mine (that I will play) are 12+ now...PUP will forever sit at 10 or lower unless something changes :)

January 9, 2007 at 11:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

Yep, it's just once for the party, I helped Doc do the quest through the other night, and we duo'ed it BLM & RDM...he nuked, I put it to sleep and gravitized it. Was really cake, so we should be able to go through it no problem, but there is a looooong CS or two in there, haha!

January 11, 2007 at 5:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger Alcindor said...

Yah, lvling in Dunes is an adventure... actually lvling with ppl that have gimp gear, gimp sub jobs, no food, etc... is an adventure in itself... so I know how you feel...

January 12, 2007 at 8:29:00 AM EST  
Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

Crazy! I am just taking my rng to the dunes today.

Avoid the puppets! They will turn on you. Their only desire is to suck out your soul and steal your body! Havent' you watched the Twilight Zone? Come on man! Don't do it. It's not worth it.

January 12, 2007 at 12:07:00 PM EST  
Blogger Darrett said...

I rarely see you on anymore Guankim. It seems you always log in right when I'm ready to head to bed. Good luck with that Mire quest. Definitely have to con Kalaria into it, she's so focused on BST right now...hehehe. Fullen has been with us during our crazy CoP run.

January 12, 2007 at 7:12:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home