Saturday, January 20, 2007

Softly spoken

As I've learned at the higher levels, the powers of a summoner are not those to be lightly ignored. For example, I've joined with a 75 SMN in duoing the Shadow Lord for my Rank 5 way back when I was but a 51 RDM...so you know that's been a good while...and also that she did most of the work! Ya know I love ya Tess! ^_~ However, the secrets that make them truly shine are the pacts with the beings that allows them to actually summon anything. Carbuncle told me about this, and was very eager to help, joining when I brought the ruby to the house of the hero in the annoying city of Windurst. However, the rest of the Avatars aren't exactly as friendly, to say the least. It requires a knock-down, drag-out fight with them to prove your power and show them that you are worthy of their service. So as they demand, we must oblige and do it their way, ne?

Vitehite, Anubahnu, Eckardt, and myself have quested to engage these elemental masters recently to acquire the abilities to summon them in battle. And voila, by our powers combined...(No, you don't get Captain Planet, folks!) the Prime Avatars fell, one by one. Eckardt has pictures here where you can see all the fun of who was killing what there. Gotta love friends with good cameras in the middle of battle, ya know? Great albums to look at when we retire from all this running around saving the world deal, ne? As long as I don't have to explain it all to any kids anytime soon, I'll be alright! As it stands now, we are planning to gather together our band of warriors for the battle with the Dark Elemental Puppy, Fenrir. Battle on, warriors of light!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.. no wonder my blog hits have gone up. I don't mind the traffic :D I just wondered why my hits with up like 3x.

But since not everyone that reads your blog knows me and wants to find the pictures fast.... here are direct links to the posts where we killed the avatars:

http://www.dj-digital.org/blogs/ffxi/archive/2007/01/17/avatar-prime-fights-x3.aspx

http://www.dj-digital.org/blogs/ffxi/archive/2007/01/20/more-avatar-fights-and-map-quests.aspx

Enjoy :D

January 22, 2007 at 7:08:00 AM EST  
Blogger Guankim said...

Awwwww, here I'm sending traffic your way and you try to dodge it with direct links! Booo! xD

January 22, 2007 at 4:16:00 PM EST  
Blogger Alcindor said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 24, 2007 at 7:51:00 PM EST  
Blogger Alcindor said...

I haven't had the chance of battling Fenrir... sorry you didn't win that battle, maybe next time...

January 24, 2007 at 7:52:00 PM EST  
Blogger One Dead Cat said...

Haha! Who goes down last? That's rrright! The thief! Longevity, woo!

I can't rrrecall ever having gone to face the avatars with any black mages before... I tend to end up with the other "unsavouries" for those sorts of things...

Rrremind me not to get you guys angry!

Fenrir was one buff puppy. I can't wait to sink my claws into that one again! Just thinking of the power you'd have to command to contrrrol that beast makes my tail twitch! I can harrrdly wait!

January 26, 2007 at 3:23:00 AM EST  
Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

Congrats on your sucesses. I opened smn just to play with carby. He's so cutie-wootie! I would level smn if I wasnt so self centered. Leveling smn means leveling whm which means helping people live. Humm... I'd rather mug them. Does that make me a bad person?

January 26, 2007 at 11:11:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home